A little History of St. Joseph Catholic School
In 1888, Saint Joseph School held its first classes in the church annex. A three-story building was blessed in 1907. During the 1940’s, new grade levels were added. The first high school graduation was held in 1949. In 1955, an addition to the school was blessed. St. Joseph housed grades one through twelve until the junior-senior high school program was terminated in 1967. Later, kindergarten and preschool programs were offered. In 1989, a reunion committee planned the school’s centennial celebration. Currently, seven lay teachers, and two Christ the King Sisters instruct preschool through fifth grade students.